Against to all difficulties that we all experience nowadays and especially during the covid pandemic, we finally opened the 1st house of Hellenic food.
The official opening, took place on 25th of May 2020, in a mountainous traditional village just 1.5 h away from Athens, called Keflovriso.
Day dishes, Greek coffee, soft drinks, wine, beers, and very good mood, offered , accompanied with big smiles, from the inspirer of this project, Mr Panos Kokkalas-executive chef.
Our most famous traditional dishes are: Rooster with pasta, soup with goat, handmade pies, goat cheeses, sweet spoons (traditional seasonal fruits like jams ) paired with your authentic Greek yogurt and more.
Our goal is to promote our gastronomical culture of our region, through local products and recipes. The revival of your food memories, will remind you, the authenticity of our products that come direct form our mother nature, collected & made off with love and respect. The last 3.5 years ,we work on sustainable tourism, and after hard trials, we finally prepared this project- restaurant that we call it , the 1st house of Greek Food.-Feel like your home-
The location of this mountainous restaurant , is very unique & historical. In antiquity it used to be temple of purification inside of the cave that exists nowadays and it’s opposite of our restaurant.From this place starts the mythology and genealogy of the Greek Gods & local kings.
The village has a lot of spring waters and fountains, imagine this:
Ηaving your organic lunch under the century old plain tree , 7 degrees less than all nearby cities, that means cool temperature, hearing flowing waters and birds singing..
Every day from 10am to 9pm-May , June, July, August, September
The rest of the year Fridays-Saturdays- Sundays: 10am -8 pm
On request -private: Every date you wish
For updates please visit our fb page
We are waiting for you to explore this magical place & its flavors-Welcome to Kefalovriso village at 750 meters altitude-Hidden Gem-!
Find us on Google Maps !
The exact location is here: GPS: 37°41‘50,0 N, 22°28‘20,0 O
ΑTHENS-KEFALOVRYSO-133KM (96.31 MILES) -1.5 HOUR-VIA NATIONAL ROAD CORINTH-TRIPOLH
ΚALAMATA KEFALOVRYSO: 110 KM (68.3 MILES)1H 16MIN VIA Α7
ΤRIPOLH-KEFALOVRYSO: 32,5 KM (20.2MILES)-39 MINUTES
ΑRGOS – KEFALOVRYSO: 34,9 KM (21.2 MILES)-38 MINUTES
ΝAFPLIO-KEFALOVRYSO:46KM (28.6 MILES)-43MINUTES
Directions how to reach us:
FROM NAFPLIO OR FROM ARGOS OR FROM ATHENS AS A STARTING POINT :
Drive towards the national road direction to Tripoli-Kalamata, when you pass by the first 2 tunnels you turn on the right at the exit saying (NEOXORI-KAPARELI) NΕΟΧΩΡΙ-ΚΑΠΑΡΕΛΙ , & after this turn (the first and the only one junction you will meet-few seconds later), again you turn right, in an uphill provincial road, leaving behind you the national road, following the green sign (NEOXORI-KAPARELI) NΕΟΧΩΡΙ-ΚΑΠΑΡΕΛΙ .
When you leave the national road you will drive this uphill provincial asphalt road, which is in a very well condition, with a few zig zag turns . After about 12min you will reach the Kefalovriso (KEΦΑΛΟΒΡΥΣΟ) village (with relevant sign).
At the main square of the village (which is the first place you see when you enter the village) and with the historical perennial plain tree, you will reach our restaurant‘’1st house of Greek food’
Τhings to do at the village;
*I am going to explore the narrow roads of the beautiful village
* I am going to walk at the river bed of the mythical river Inachos and if I am brave enough (13 degrees Celsius-55.4 Fahrenheit) I am going swim at the only one, small lake J
* Visit at the renovated watermill of the village and explore the rest ruins of other watermills through rich vegetation
*I will relax at the hammocks
* I will visit the folklore museum
*I am going to see the fountain of Inachos river and I am going to refill my bottles with alive fresh water
* I will enjoy the well homemade food under the shade of plain tree, hearing at the same time ,the flowing waters and with -7 degrees (44.6 Fahrenheit) less than the cities temperature!
* I will discover hidden gems and the history of this places.
*I will drive in an alternative beautiful mountainous roots with my car leaving this village and discovering the other nearby villages like Frousouna, Skoteini, Exochi, Nemea ..
* I will support this business effort with multiple benefits for the local economy-sustainable tourism
What should I be aware of ;
*WIFI – Yes
*Sports shoes, long trouser for those who wants to walk , explore the bed river & small lake, (swimsuit & towel for the most brave) extra jacket
We use to say that any beginning is the half of any project.. that we wish to succeed.
With only synergies and team spirit we can all manage to recreate..beautiful projects.
Gradually at this place we are going to organize/offer:
- Cooking classes and promotional of local Greek products via TV shows and live streaming with famous chefs to highlight those local products and the Greek diet-gastronomy.
- Concession of this place for individual events like baptisms, weddings, birthdays, anniversaries
- Seminars for restaurant owners like; -food & beverage –
- To promote their restaurant or the chef via their representative or unusual dishes
- To train staff & suppliers
- To create new menus
- Organizing cultural events or festivals with collaborations of other clubs from Greece or abroad.
- Retail sailing of other products-E-SHOP
- Promotion of mountainous villages –Argolis through sustainable tourism and organizing similar to its kind activities.
- Promote/encourage of volunteering